Thursday, December 27, 2018

Get Out Of Your Own Way


We're a few days away from a New Year. As often the case is when a new year is upon us, many people proclaim they will be a new person.New Year resolutions are made, goals are set, and then the new year hits. Most folks start off strong with this new change and then either nosedive or tail all the way off. After a while their back to the same shit they did the previous year and the year before that, and the year before that.

They fall back into the "old" them because of habits. Whether cognizant of it or not old habits are hard to break. Even when you know you need to stop doing certain habits to progress, that habit is so ingrained into who you are because you've being doing it so long. Well it's time to break that old habit completely.


The Saying "Can't Get Out Of Your Own Way" is a very true statement that resonates about how sometimes "being you", holds you back. In a career, relationships or life in general if a person "can't get out of their own way" and continues to do the same stuff. They'll end up in the same situations, never really progressing as individuals. Fully aware of whats holding them back, but not making a effort to address it and change for the better.

I know how hard habits are to break. I have several bad habits, some I know are  holding me back from progressing as an individual and different parts of my life. I'm making a pledge to start getting out of my own way, and work to break those habits. It's not a quick fix and it will be a struggle as some of the habits are ingrained in me. It's part of my personality and who I am, but I want to break away from being my own worst enemy. I encourage everyone who reads this to join me in 2019 not only in creating new resolutions or things we want to accomplish, but make strides to break old habits and get out of our way to prosperity. 

1 comment: