Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Subscribe To A Million Little Things

 


Subscribe To It is a column series highlighting television series and movies that should be talked about more.

A Million Little Things first aired on ABC in 2018, now I will admit I was late to the party with this show. I had a few friends tell me it was good, but I never got around to adding it to my watchlist, until this past spring when it auto played on Hulu after I watched a similar show. I was hooked after the first episode and binged watched the first two seasons and the first half of the third season in a week and a half before the second half of the third season began airing.

A Million Little Things covers a group of friends and their trials throughout life after a friend commits suicide. The shows main fabric is how different things connects everyone in different ways. It surely has This Is Us vibes (another show I love) but it isn’t quite as sappy and covers what I think is more relevant topics.

The show has covered everything from cancer survival to grooming, Black Lives Matter movement to immigration and so much more. Sometimes you think damn what else can happen to these people? But the show carefully threads all these stories so that it’s not overwhelming and unrealistic.

The ensemble cast with the most well-known member being Romany Malco of 40-year-old Virgin and Think Like A Man, deserve so much credit and praise for their acting. The third season ended on an serious OMG cliffhanger so I for one cannot wait for season four. The wait is almost over with the show returning September 22nd. If you have some time to binge watch it, please get started you will not be disappointed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment