Sunday, November 27, 2022

A Small Nuance Streaming Services Are Missing

 


If you have read any of my blogs (I humbly and gratefully Thank You), then you probably know I am a very nostalgic person. Not just in big things that molded my childhood such as cartoons, trends, toys of the 90's. Also in little things that you never realized where cool and wish were still done.

One thing is how Cable TV networks would have movie blocks actually hosted by people like TBS Dinner and A Movie (which I wrote about here). Another thing is the little bumpers that would appear before a film started.

I recently watched A Christmas Story Christmas on HBO Max and before it started, I randomly hummed the old HBO theme song and thought it would have been cool to see the old HBO bumper playing before the movie came on.

It led me down a YouTube rabbit hole of old bumpers, including old General Cinema bumpers. In today's instant gratification consumption heavy society, many may not care for bumpers.

I think it would be an excellent way to help bring in new customers and keep current customers of a certain generation smiling, when they see something so small like bumpers remind them of simpler times. Especially as streaming services increase the price to justify the content they provide, it maybe a good "add-on" for people to keep the service.

Before the WWE network was merged into the Peacock app, I suggested they play old commercials of wrestling toys, video games, etc in between programs. Just as a way to remind people the little things that helped them love pro wrestling. The same principle applies here

I for one, know I would enjoy it. I'm sure initially people maybe skeptical but they eventually would enjoy it too. Bring back the bumpers before the feature presentation 

0 comments:

Post a Comment